Monday 16 February 2009

PartyPoker $1k Bonus Day 1

So as I mentioned before, I have 15 days in which to play 21,000 hands at Party.

Because I have played 2,000 hands so far all month I figured that drastic measures were needed to attempt to even get close to this target. I moved my PC to Slats house. With some early teething problems aside (took all afternoon to connect the internet) everything got up and running ok.

I started off playing really. And won 5 buy ins in a very short period of time. I was on top of the world, playing lots of poker and winning too (I'd be more than happy to breakeven whilst unlocking my bonus at Party) However, I had a last longer bet with Slats to see who can play for the longest. The stipulations were that there needed to be a minimum of 4 tables at a time and we had 5 minute allowance per hour for toilet breaks. It just recently ended, with Slats not being able to hack it for anylonger.

During this last longer bet I started to go on autopilot and play kinda spewy, I wasn;'t double barrelling enough and I had my paranoid hat on thinking that everybody who bet on the river obviously had a busted flush draw....

I soon lost back all the money I'd won earlier and finished about $10 down (not a bad result overall) I didn't really lose that many stacks, I was just spewing and more importantly, not winning big pots myself!

Overall, really happy with my day though. I played ~3,500 hands, which PartyPoker says is 19% of my bonus completed in the first day! It was a total of 7.5 hours though... Basically a working day...


Bonus Complete - 19%
Party BRoll - $1070.69

You may wonder why my roll is $70 up when I said I finished $10 down. Well I had a quick spin on roulette and had a few chips on 29 which promptly came in.

<3 Party

No comments:

Post a Comment