Friday 13 February 2009

A not so perfect start

Well, to say I started badly would be an understatement. I didn't play well after writing my recent blog. I basically lost about $1k @ 100nl. Putting me right back to 1,900 and firmly back @50nl.

However, I had a session with Luke which I thought went quite well. And I read Gus Hansen's book, which I really enjoyed and since then I have ran quite well. I have played maybe 4k hands in the past week (nowhere near enough btw) and ran at ~7.5ptbb/100 it has boosted my roll to $2,600. I have a $400 bonus to unlock at Lucky Ace.

I also got an email through today from Party Poker saying that I have a 100% reload bonus up to $1,000. Now that's pretty huge for me, but @ 50nl requires me to play a LOT of hands. I'm looking at 21,000 in 15 days. I need 14,000 if I play 100nl, but I can only deposit $1k and I don't really want to lose that grand and have no chance of unlocking the bonus.

I would be really really happy if I broke even during those 21k hands. I'd win $1k and perhaps a few hundred dollars in RB. This would push my roll up to $3.5k and give me a another shot @ 100nl maybe...

Not sure what I'll do about the $400 bonus @ Lucky Ace. I may just merk it after the Party bonus, I'll have to see how things work out I guess.

So definitely optimistic about the future, unfortunately university will have to take a back seat again...Sara won't be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment