Wednesday 18 March 2009

Heartbreak of Party bonus

Well it turned out, after the promise of the $1k from Party Poker, me and Pecks actually looked at the bonus incorrectly. In my last post, I said I had completed nearly 20% of the bonus when in actual fact the bonus had automatically been split into 5 seperate chunks of $200, and I had only done 20% of the first $200!!

I had a word with them and after working out I would have to play nearly 100,000 hands in 16 days I decided that it definitely wasn't worth it. So I left party posting a small profit.

After this disappointment, I decided to set my sights on the LA bonus I had of $300. Again I misjudged the number of hands I had to do and still had nearly 30% of the bonus left to unlock in the last week. Desperate measured were needed and I turned to 100nl again in an attempt to unlock my bonus quickly.

Fortunately I managed to unlock the bonus with a day or two to go, so it was a nice addition to my bankroll.

I only posted a very small profit in February (not including bonus) of approximately $100. This was mainly due to my poor performance at 100nl.

100nl - ($477)
50nl - $600

However this month has gone a lot better and I've been on a heater the past couple of days.

I'm over $1,000 up so far this month, which is excellent, but I've been running at 9ptbb/100 for the last 12k hands over 100nl and 50nl.

I have also embarked upon a little bit of Heads Up, I would really like to learn and be good at heads up, so my FT roll is going to be my HU roll. Unfortunately I've pretty much busted it already, but I get my RB into there each month so that will (hopefully) supplement my roll.

On another positive note, I have decided to go on a coaching course with SootedPower from deuces cracked. It's a group coaching course and I'm hoping this will firmly establish me in the 100nl games. At the moment I'm playing both and switching between games.

Finally, PT3 has TableTracker support for Pacific, I am on a month's trial at the moment so I'm full pelt fish hunting it's pretty basic but I suppose it does the raw basics and that's all I need it for at the moment, I fully expect it to be improved over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment