Sunday 25 January 2009

2008 review and looking to the future.

Ok, started a new blog because the old blog wouldn't expand to fit my pictures. Seeing as this post was going to be picture filled combined with the fact that I'd just been set over setted meant that I start a new blog!!

We'll start off with my results for 2008. Now they weren't great. I lost a net amount of $1.8k (on my desktop. I was in profit on my laptop, not sure how by though. I estimate about $600.) This means I'd guess at about a $1.2k loss overall in 08.

Here is the graph.







However, I must remind people that this was also combined with me running $1.7k UNDER expectation...

Shown here....




When I run that bad, I think I can attribute some of my losses down to tilt.

Here are my stats for the hands


And here is the monthly breakdown


My poker playing only really started properly in October I would say for this year and I have been fortunate enough for Pecks to help me and for there to be bonuses for me to unlock!! It's quite disappointing because as a result of this - Vegas is looking increasingly unlikely.

But now that I have reviewed 08, I want to concentrate on 2009.

I really want to do well this year and that is going to concentrate around 100nl. My roll is about $2.9k atm and I am playing 100nl at Pacific Poker. I don't have many stats at the moment, because I'm currenly using PT2 with the site until they release Pacific compatibility to PT3, but once they have updated it, I'll put all my hands over there.

Things rarely ever go to plan, but if it could - I want to run @ a minimum of 2ptbb/100 for Feb and Mar. With about 30k hands in both of them.

This would mean a profit of $2.4k and my roll would be ~5.5k. However, I owe Pecks 1k, so it would be 4.5k. So that's my aim - for a bankroll of 4.5k by 31 March 2009.

I think I'll be playing 100nl for a while - until maybe 6k roll I guess, to give myself a proper chance @ 200nl but I need to make sure that I play well @ 100 before I can even think of that.


EDIT - I also noted, I had a ($726) day. Stop gap needed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment